shin pain
Every night I wake up with intense shin pain. I have been to several doctors, one bla,ed it on arthritis, another blmed on spinal stenosis. It hurts from time to time during the day walking around, working, ect. but the worst pain is at night. I have artritis in my hip, knee, and foot and first my foot will hurt really bad when I go to bed at night but after a couple hours of sleep I wake up with severe shin pain. I also have disc deteriation in my back but the doctor said that the pain should ease off when resting but it is worse rather than better. I also have vericose veins and wonder if it is from that.Whatever is causing it is really affecting my sleep. I can not get a good nights sleep I cant sleep more than a couple hours at a time and finally have to get up because of the pain.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the possible cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include stress fractures, muscle inflammation, periostitis, vitamin/ micro-nutrient deficiencies, neuro-muscular/ vascular issues etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician or a sports medicine specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!