shingles
I have the syptoms of shingles, i have unbelievable pain in my lower neck,shoulders and arms. The rash is showing slightly, the pain started like a,pinched nerve and has spread across my back and arms. I feel certain of the shingles diagnosis but is it possible to be having the pain not so much in the skin but in the muscles(possible nerve areas)?
Shingles is actually a viral infection of the nerve roots and is related to the virus that causes chicken pox.  It can cause significant pain, but is treatable and most people who recover from shingles never experience another outbreak.
The rash is very distinctive and is usually present as a strip across one side of the body either left or right.  If your rash is more disseminated and not confined to one specific band, it might not be shingles and could be related to an immune response to stress or possible reaction to medications.
It would be best to have your condition evaluated by a physician who can prescribe appropriate treatment.  
The pain in your lower neck, shoulders and arms needs to be investigated further for the underlying cause.  You may need diagnostic x-rays to determine if there are structural problems in your spine or if the pain is primarily muscular in nature.
Post again with an update and let us know of your progress.
Best wishes ----