Back & Neck Community
shoulder blade pain and neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

shoulder blade pain and neck pain

severe pain when touched on the top of my left shoulder and feels like a bruise for two weeks.  Also on same side severe bruising pain on the lback of my head near the neck hairline area.  I have fibromyalgia, neck and back nerve damage and migraines.  But this pain is consistent for 2 weeks and with pain killers, heating pads, hot baths, cold packs etc.  it has not eased up.  To touch it lightly the pain is so severe.  What could this be?
I had a similar problem and my ortho doctor performed a medial branch nerve block that took care of the pain behind my shoulder blade and it NEVER returned.  The procedure was over 3 or 4 years ago.  Good luck finding out what this is that is making you feel so awful!