shoulder pain when lying down.
So for about a month now i have had terrible shoulder pain. Hurts during the day when i lift it in most ways. The pain becomes intense mostly when i sit back against the couch or chair and sitting up in bed with my back against the pillows against the headboard isn't possible. When i lay down, on my stomach is the only position available. Lying ong my left side also makes my shoulder hurt. I believe the problem orignates in the shoulder blade area but all i truly know is that this is agony! I don't even want to sleep anymore. The pain wakes me up every 2 hours or less and has been s daily issue for just over a month. Any one have any thoughts because i cannot take it any longer. One doctor said bursitis and 2 others said nothing is wrong, please help with ahny suggestions!
It could be your rotator cuff or bursitis.  You could try taking NSAID medications or see an orthopedist.  They might want to give injections as a first treatment.  
Hello!  This is an old post so I really hope youre still on here... My symptoms are almost identical to the ones you had.Im going on a month now and my bed, which I used to look at as a sanctuary, now looms over me as a place of pain and suffering... Id love to hear what was done for you and what your outcome was... Please contact me at my email address if you will...  ***@****   thank you... God bless