Back & Neck Community
sizzling sound at the back of neck?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

sizzling sound at the back of neck?

I have been hearing a sizzling sound at the back of my neck for a while now. When it comes on it lasts for about 5 seconds at a time. I sounds much like tiny bubbles bursting. Has anyone any idea what this is?
When I have  a lot of stress, the shoulder muscles and up my spine to my neck tighten unbelievably. I cannot turn my neck for days. There is a hot burning sensation as if a nerve is being pinched.

Is there a med out there that will relax this condition yet allow me to be sharp at work?
Hi....many that describe this sound or sensation have found it to be CSF flowing .......u may have a restriction and can hear it when it starts to move.

Do u have ne other symptoms other than the sound??

Use the search MedHelp and inset fizzing sound in neck....this way u can read other threads on this topic.

Good luck and do post an update.

"selma"
thanks so much! i looked up other threads i cant believe there were so many people experiencing the same thing.
Perhaps you should post in a new thread so that you can get more people to answer your question. Just look up top and you will see """post a question "", cut and paste your question there. I don't know anything about anxiety related shoulder and neck pain but i do wish you the best.

Love and blessings