small c3-4 and c4-5 disc protrusion
Can you help me interpret this MRI. I was recently in a car accident and the MRI shows a small c3-4 and c4-5 disc protrusion with flattening of the left side of the ventral aspect of the spinal cord at c4-5. there is multilevel degenerative disc desiccation with straightening of the cervical lordosis which could be positional. What does all this mean?
It does not seem to mean very much.
No stenosis in the c3-5 area and no notation as to any cord impingement.

What kind of (if any) symptoms to you have? What kind of treatment (if any) are you getting?
I assume that your shoulders and arms are involved.

Good Luck
In 2003 I had a normal cervical MRI.  Yes, the shoulders and arms are involved. By the end of the week I am more stiff and sore in the neck shoulder area. There is no mention of cord impingement but the MRI reads: No intrinsic signal or structural abnormality of the cervical spinal cord. There is generally capacious cervical spinal canal. There is multilevel degenerative disc desiccation with straightening of the cervical lordosis which could be positional. There are no areas of abnormal bone marrow signal intensity. Small midline disc protruion at c3-4 flattening the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and abutting but not definitely flattening the ventral aspect of the spinal cord. small midline and left-sided disc protrusion at c4-5 effacing the CSF in the ventral aspect of thecal sac and flattening the left side of the ventral aspect of the spinal cord. minimal disc bulge at c5-6 without spinal cord flattening. no disc bulge or protrusion is seen at any other cervical intervertebral disc level. no obvious thecal sac or neural forminal narrowing is seen at any other level.
i have a small midline bulge of the c4-5 intervertebral disc. secondary straightening of the normal cervical lordosis.

left posterolateral bulge of the l3-4 intervertebral disc.

what does it all mean ?????????????