sneezing/coughing causing back pain
All through out the years of having back pain, it never caused me any grief to sneeze or cough, not even after my back fusion with instrumentation in feb of this year. I became sick with a simple chest cold last week and for the first time in my life, the constant coughing and sneezing is killing my back. I'm shocked at the pain its producing. My back now feels inflammed and it hurts to walk normal. I'm just riding my cold out to see if my back pains in my fusion area goes away. Anyone else experience back pain when coughing or sneezing?
I always have awful pain in my back when coughing or sneezing. It drives me nuts! That's why I do everything in my power to stay clear of colds, etc.
With me, it has to do with a herniated lumbar disk. Do you have something like that? If not, I wonder if there's something going on in your lungs. I know sometimes the pain in the lungs can feel like its coming from the back. Maybe you should call your Dr and at least tell him the symptoms.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
Meg
Thankyoubacktomyself *hugs* my problemmatic area has been fused 3 1/2 months ago. From my readings, violent snezzing and coughing can cause discs to herniate or unstability. I guess ima have to place a call into my spine surgeon tomorrow as this is NOT normal for me. Its excruciating and I'm not used to being bothered by any level of coughing or sneezing!!!
My surgeon doesn't think its anything to be concerned about when it was presented to him. I'm still coughing and its still killing my back. I have read about positions to be in to reduce the pain and that's what I'm trying to do for myself now.
Sorry to hear about this, Its always something isn't it?

Hope you feel better.
Kalvin right when I think I was getting comfortable with the levels of relief and discomfort, along comes a new thing to shock me lol. I'm still coughing and it gets worse at night. Just going to watch it for now. Thank u *hugs*