Back & Neck Community
spinal stenosis or foraminal narrowing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

spinal stenosis or foraminal narrowing

I think I have figured out what "they" have been trying to do to me.  I am on Medicare. My first MRI done in 2008 showed spinal stenosis and nerve root stenosis.  The latest one done this year shows none of that.  I think it was done purposely so that "they" would have a basis to deny my pain medication. Medicare says I cannot have a second opinion, that the one that shows no damage is right!  Help!
MRI reading is highly subjective, one Radiologist might see something and another might not. Also MRI's also don't always show everything,  regardless, that doesn't mean that you don't have pain, most Doctors know that. Why do they need a reason to deny you? You don't exactly fit the profile of a drug abuser. Who's doing your prescribing. Do you have a Doctor that will back you up?

Put a copy of your post over on the Pain Management Forum, they deal with this kind of thing a lot. These Doctors are under a lot pressure not to prescribe and it's making a lot of peoples lives miserable.

Here's a link: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pain-Management/show/53