Back & Neck Community
spinal tap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

spinal tap

i had a spinal  tap done while in the service and they had me sitting up during the procedure. had severe headaches after and hospitalized for four days until the did a blood patch. to this day still have lower back pains and headaches.
Hi there!

I am not sure how long back was the spinal tap done, though if within the last few months, the symptoms are likely to resolve with time. Also there is the possibility of the symptoms not being related and caused due to other reasons such as primary headaches, secondary causes such as infections; or due to cranial neuralgias. I would suggest consulting a neurologist for a detailed evaluation. After a cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!