Back & Neck Community
spondylosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

spondylosis

I would like if you could explian this diagnose to me i dont undertand. All i know is that i have back and neck pain and sometime in my chest and even lose my voice. The reading on my x ray reads as fallow.
FINDINGS:
Exam of the cervical spine shows well-alinged vertebral bodies. There is a narrowing of the C5-C6 disk space and spondylosis at this level.

There is a thoracic dextoscoliosis and lumbar levoscoliosis. There is mild spondylosis on the lower thoracic spine.

IMPRESION:
C5-C6 degenerative disk disease and spondylosis

Thoracic dextroscoliosis and mild spondylosis
Tags: spine
HI, I copied and pasted some info and I hope they answer ur ?'s....it is the location of ur spondylosis occurs will affect the nerves in that area causing ur voice ect to be affected.

Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is typically associated with aging. As you age, your discs, like other joints in the body, can degenerate (break down) and become problematic: that's a natural part of growing older as your body deals with years of strain, overuse, and maybe even misuse. However, DDD can occur in people as young as 20, so sadly, youth doesn't always protect you from this disc-related condition. In fact, some patients may inherit a prematurely aging spine.

Degenerative disc disease involves the intervertebral discs. Those are the pillow-like cushions between your vertebrae in your spine. They help your back carry weight and allow complex motions of the spine while maintaining stability. As you age, the discs can lose flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. They also become thinner as they dehydrate. When all that happens, the discs change from a supple state that allows fluid movement to a stiff and rigid state that restricts your movement and causes pain( copy and pasted from spineuniverse)

Spondylosis is degenerative arthritis, osteoarthritis, of the spinal vertebra and related tissue. If severe, it may cause pressure on nerve roots with subsequent pain or paresthesia in the limbs.

When the space between two adjacent vertebrae narrows, compression of a nerve root emerging from the spinal cord may result in radiculopathy (sensory and motor system disturbances, such as severe pain in the neck, shoulder, arm, back, and/or leg, accompanied by muscle weakness). Less commonly, direct pressure on the spinal cord (typically in the cervical spine) may result in global weakness, gait dysfunction, loss of balance, and loss of bowel and/or bladder control. The patient may experience a phenomenon of shocks (paresthesia) in hands and legs because of nerve compression and lack of blood flow. If vertebrae of the neck are involved it is labelled cervical spondylosis. Lower back spondylosis is labeled lumbar spondylosis.(copy and pasted from wikipedia)

Dextroscoliosis is a scoliosis with the convexity on the right side.[2][3][4]
Levoscoliosis is a scoliosis with the convexity on the left side(copy and pated from wikipedia)

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"