Back & Neck Community
sternum and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

sternum and back pain

I have been under great pressure for some months now.About the same time the pressure started I started having serious chest and back pain. I underwent various test at the request of the doctor and aside from some gallstones there was nothing to worry about but treated for ulcer. After a while the whole pain stopped only to start up again after some weeks but in a different way. The pain is now on my sternum with some uncomfortable pain on the left side of  my back and left arm. My doctor is still treating me for ulcer which he said migth haave been caused by my 'pressure'.Does anyone have a similar condition. Will really like some other opinion cause I am worried this migth lead to some other conditions.
Depending on your age, physical condition, history, and other factors, you may be at risk for heart disease.

Myocardial iscemia is heart condition that can cause pressure in the chest as a precursor to infarction, and presents with pain in the left thorax (front and back), shoulder, and arm. Shortness of breath is also a common symptom that may or may not be present.

If you believe that you are having cardiac related symptoms, report immediately to your local emergency department.