sudden back pain
I was doing my laundry and was shaking out the clothes like you do when folding and all of the sudden i got this severe dibilitating pain in my middle back.  I couldnt even breath it would hurt more. The sudden pain went away but i still feel severe pain like i did something to it.  Any ideas what this could be?? Just a pulled muscle? It really hurts.  I always played sports and this doesnt feel just like a pulled muscle.  I cant bend forward.

Any help would be great!!!

Angela
Angela, sounds like a bulging disc, which isn't always as bad as it sounds. Use moist heat; get a hand towel wet and put it in the microwave, be careful not to get it so hot that it scalds you. Leave it on for about 15 min, then heat it up again and repeat. you should lie on the wet towel on your back with NO pillow unless you want one under your knees. Don't get up for at least an hour, several is better and don't lift anything over 2 pounds for a week or so, that means no dishes, no laundry, no groceries. The more you baby it, the less chance of slipping it out to a herniated disc. Of course, go see your doctor and follow her advise!