surgery??
I am awaiting results of MRI, I have radicular symptoms in my right arm. Pain from neck down right arm and constant numbness in index and middle finger (3 weeks now) and numbness sometimes spreads and when this happens the pain in arm is excrutiating. Xrays revealed loss of disc height at C5-6 and C6-7. Straightening of cervical lordosis thru this region. On left there is bony foraminal narrowing at C5-6 and C6-7 relating mostly to uncovertabral osteophytes. On right mild bony foraminal narrowing at C2-3, C3-4 and C5-6 also related to osteophytes. Uncovertabral osteophytosis is very mild at C6-7. For the past 3 weeks I have had numbness in hand and pain (sometimes extreme) from my neck down my arm. Any idea what may be best option?
Rick
The doc I see has recommended cervical epidurals, I've had them in my back (3 different sets of 3 epidurals) I tried oral steroids first for a herniation at L3 also( I have all this going on at once). They may recommend physical therapy as well. Those are usually the first plans of treatment before looking into surgery. It's terrible to be in constant pain. I hope you find some relief soon.
As always Ginger has given you good advice! Surgery may be the only long term option ... pills and patches certainly are not. I have had no experience with surgery myself - so I will offer only this advice - do not hesitate to get a second opinion or even a third. Never assume that the doctor/surgeon is great at what he does. Do all you can to check out anyone that is going to be involved with your back! I wish you the very best - take care of yourself ...                                                     Stacy