Back & Neck Community
swallowing issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

swallowing issues

so this happend about a week ago i have a pain in my neck when i swallowed on the left side so i went in to get a swallow test done so the doctor put a camera threw my nose and down my throat and he said i have a ulcer in my neck but thats not the worst part wile he was doing the camera thing in my throat i had a huge panic attack in the middle of it and now ever since then i cant swallow anything mainly solid food everytime food comes close to my throat   or if i think about swallowing it tightens up and i get alittle anxiety about swallowing food or something so i dont know whats wrong or why its doing that so please anyone who has information about it please help thank you

This discussion is related to neck issues.
Hi there!

Difficulty in swallowing is common after a laryngoscopy. This may occur due to associated inflammation or due to muscle spasm and is likely to settle with time. This may also be aggravated by the presence of the ulcer. Meanwhile I would suggest taking a semi-solid diet to avoid excessive irritation. You may consult your doctor for specific management after the reports become available.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!