Back & Neck Community
swollen back with pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

swollen back with pain

hi... ever since i had my epidural last year my lower back stays a little bit swollen. usually no pain tho.
but the day before yesterday it started hurting and when i looked in the mirror its very swollen! it hurts to
bend down  , the pain continues to the center of my midback but the swelling is only lower back.
i have also been feeling very very nautious(keep feeling like i might vomit for the past week)
..im a little worried. thanks
Love ur sign on name!!...lol....

To ur ?......have u mentioned this to ur dr? If not u should...u may have a minute CSF leak....and bending may have agrivated it.

Best bet....call ur dr and have him/her look at it.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
I'm sorry but can't take it anymore. Can you type like a 49 year old instead of 15 year old using text words. I can't understand half of the things you say. I don't mean to offend you, but I can't understand you. If I can't how does anybody else? Not laughing out loud!

Hope I Help
thanks, what is a cfs leak? (its sounds scary)
when u had your epidural,and after they removed the tube,it is possible that they nicked your spinal cord.if that happened spinal fluid can seep out into the pockets in your spin,which can cause swelling.u bending over may have agrivated it,and is now causing u pain and swelling.u need to go see your doc asap.  hope i helped
helped alot....thanks =)
Hi it's the fluid in the spinal column.I am not sure u have 1, but it is a possibility.It seems u already considered this.......

Godspeed
"selma"