Back & Neck Community
swollen coccyx

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

swollen coccyx

Every year after the summer i have a pain on my coccyx and after a week it gets big(swollen) every time i go to the doctor they do some x rays but they don't find anything wrong so they give me something for the pain or a cortisone injection and after a month is gone, but i don't know what to do now, the coccyx is swollen, i usually bike all summer and the doctor thinks is that, but i would like to know if i should go to a chiropracter , i don't want the cortisone injections again.
Avatar n tn
I had a broken coccyx for a year and although the chiropractor couldnt help me they do tend to help some people. I have been researching this problem for about 4 years and have read many instances where the chiro help tremendously. Please visit www.coccyx.org for more information on this type of problem.