thinning disk pain
my daughter is in alot of pain. She is 16 and was diagnosed with thinning disk. what can she do to areleave the pain now? What can she do for a more permanent cure or fix.
PILATES

I was also diagnosed with thinning disk pain, both in the lumbar and the cervical spine. I control this by doing Pilates. As a certified Pilates instructor I thankfully getting a lot of practice on a daily basis, either teaching, demonstrating, or just working on my own. I also use an ice pack (a packet of frozen peas work best) to treat any possible swelling around the problem area.

I suggest you find a good CERTIFIED Pilates instructor. Ask all the right questions; which certification does she/he have; was it a solid training or a weekend, or merely watching a DVD.  How much experience does she/he have. Then do your own research on whatever you are told.

It's worthwhile paying for one-on-one training rather than putting her into a group class. It would be impossible for the instructor to give the necessary attention to someone like your daughter in a group setup.

I don't believe there's a permanent cure or fix but with Pilates I control my pain to such an extent that it doesn't affect my lifestyle.

Good luck.
Pilates_4_Life