Back & Neck Community
thoracic spine pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

thoracic spine pain

have had pain in thoracic region for a month.  started in chest, and has moved to upper back.  cardiac testing performed showed no abnormalities in ekg or in blood work or in chest x-ray.  also having gastro-intestinal difficulties.  gallbladder testing showed no gallstones and also no problems with blood chemistries.   i am not pregnant.  i have most recently developed an eye twitch...just my right eye...started infrequently, but now almost constantly.  also have experienced twitching in my right leg, and in my back around the painful area.  spinal x-ray showed arthritis in thoracic spine.  should i see a rheumotologist, neurologist or orthopedic doctor next?  my doc seems to think all of this is normal for a 36 year old female.  oh, also, had problems with epidural during my c-section 1.5 years ago.  i had difficulty breathing, and i lost all feeling and control of both of my arms.  the anesthesiologiest explained to me that my lungs had become "paralyzed" with the epidural.  my OBGYN believes that they administered too much epidural.   i do not find comfort in either of these explanations.  what could have caused this?  brain CT scan was done, and no abnormalities found.  also, recently had abdominal CT performed, and no abnormalities found.  do you know what might be causing this back pain, and will it go away?