Back & Neck Community
thoracic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

thoracic

I have 3 herniated discs in the middle of the thoracic, is this fixable by surgery?
Disc herniation is a condition affecting the spine, in which a tear in the outer, fibrous ring of an intervertebral disc allows the soft, central portion to buldge out. In your case, it is foirtunately not causing much compression of the nerves. The majority of herniated discs will heal themselves in about six weeks and do not require surgery. Non steroidal drugs and steroid injections are very useful.

However if the symptoms do not improve then you may need surgical management.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.