Back & Neck Community
treatment options for dislocated disc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

treatment options for dislocated disc

I am a 38 year old, physically active female.  Constant back, hip, and foot pain and muscle spasms spurred me to see my doctor.  I had x-rays and an MRI of my lower back.  Results revealed that the L-4/5 disc ruptured, and in the doctor's words, "shot completely out" of its space and slid down the front of my spine.  It is now compressing nerve roots further down in my back, ostensibly causing much of my lower body pain.  A nerve study was performed, but I have not yet heard the results.  I am taking a round of oral steroids, and doing physical therapy.  Are there any other treatments that might work for me, or am I risking permanent damage if I don't have that disc removed?
Tags: disc