Back & Neck Community
what can help with my pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

what can help with my pain?

on July 25th 2013 I had back surgery. I was 15 at the time and only had the surgery because it was my last option and I had been bothered by it for over a year. I believe the cause is from getting hit to much while playing football and playing through the injury. I believe my surgery was on the L4 part of my spine in which they attempted to brace my spine from the inside. they could not do everything they wanted to in the surgery because part of my fracture on the right side had started to heal and they couldn't get to the fracture without making something worse. I was told with my age and health I should have been able to mostly heal in three months time. after my half year check up I was told my back has not healed any and if it isn't better in another 6 months, than I will have to undergo further surgery (spinal lumber fusion). lately I have become over depressed due to lack of sleep and stress. school is very hard for me to go through without getting a full nights sleep, (which I never get). im constantly exhausted and in pain but I continue to do the things I need to do. I am currently doing physical therapy (3rd time since injury in October of 2012) but all that seems to be doing is causing more pain. the only reason I continue is because Its helping with me getting back in shape. I would like to know if anyone has any advice on what I should do that may be able to help with either the pain or depression because I am losing faith in getting better fast. and I need to feel and get better soon. thank you
An epidural steriod injection has been a huge pain relief for me.  I have a herniated disc in my L5.  The shot was done by a pain management doctor.  I highly recommend it.