Back & Neck Community
what is wrong with my bones and back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

what is wrong with my bones and back?

Hi all,I have a pretty sad story to tell and just wondered if anyone else can relate to me and suffer in the same ways i do.It all started with a back injury at work when i was 16.I twisted something lower back so it felt in the right side which felt muscular.Going to the doctors i wasnt taken seriously and had various physio sessions,pain killers and chiropractor.Nothing seemed to help as time went on various pain occurred elsewhere in my back.I got to 31 years old and went for acupuncture by two different people who said i had a trapped nerve,they also didnt help after multiple sessions.At 32 i battled on with the pain and got a factory job for two months which involved lots of repetitive bending down.
This is where the bigger problems started.Over the last year and a half or so my back now not only  clicks but a big (clunk)  lower back, as if fitting back into place which happens every day sometimes more than once and clicking upper back when arching backwards sounding like snapping carrots.Thats not to mention the awful crunching and snapping noises in my neck which people can actually hear when i tilt my head to the left.On top of this I have all the twisted muscles in my back which seems the least of my worries.Im now 33 and nothing came up on an MRI scan.Im forced into working when Im obviously not right and never will be and have never been on sick benefit which is now impossible to get on,can anyone help me with any of these questions as its hard to stay positive and not depressed.Thanks  
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, referred pain from other regions, micronutrient deficiencies etc. While an MRI can rule out a few structural issues, other possibilities would need to be evaluated for. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!