what types of scoliosis are there?
I was diagnost with dextroscoliosis and levoscoliosis and I want to know what they are and a picture of what they look like.
I was in the ER last week and on one of the reports it came back"mild Levoscoliosis".    I have known I have had scoliosis for a long time,about 38 out of 63 years.   But no one had added the "levo" on to it.   I am sure, I think, it means the way it bends but at this point I feel mine is going two ways.   I would like to have the answer also.
898
Kipho-scoliosis, thoratic spinefor 20 years
I have had thoracic chronic Lumbar Scoliosis for years.. I had the spinal fusion with Harrington Rods in 1986.. I now have extreme problems above and below the fusion... My doctor wants me to go through a nine hour surgery to fuse the neck and the lower lumbar now and to take out the rods... I have bad emphesema and COPD and I don't like the thought of having a nine hour surgery...
Dextroscoliosis means your spine curves to the right.
Levoscoliosis means it curves to the left (we in the medical community like latin).

Kyphoscoliosis just means the curve occurs in the thoracic spine (upper/mid back) because it has a kyphotic curve (convex toward your backside). It carries with it increased flexion curve (forward bending) of the spine.

Thoracic chronic lumbar scoliosis: this is a misprint??? thoracic upper back and lumbar upper back are opposites and thus can't be used in the same term. Lumbar scoliosis is nonexistant. Severe scoliosis can necessitate fixation but carries the unfortunate result of causing degeneration above and below the levels of fixation.
I went to my doctor this past few months, and the finding was I have levoscoliosis of the lumbar spine. what does it mean.
My x-rays just came back. I have both levoscoliosis and dextroscoliosis. The bint reading the report could barely get the words out, so I gave up on having her read it to me. My pain is in my lower mid-back, just at the level of the top of the ilium bones and just above those bones. Ouch x 10. I am 55, and no doubt don't get enough calcium - even though my calcium blood level is WNL.