Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
R groin pain and numb leg

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

R groin pain and numb leg
I have had this recurrent groin pain for about 2 years with my right upper front thigh numb. This is more pronounced while standing for only a few minutes. When I wake in the morning, I am so stiff that I joke around for my kids to get me an oil can. It takes me forever for me to get going. Please help. Oh I also have pain in my vaginal/rectal region occasionally.
The hip joint is a frequent cause of groin pain.  Upper lumbar discs such as L23 can also cause thigh symptoms.  Have an orthopedic doctor check both areas out with a phyical exam  of the back and hip, and consider x rays and or MRI to sort it out.
A related discussion, leg & back pain was started.
A related discussion, Thigh, back, and  groin pain? was started.