Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Back and foot pain

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Back and foot pain
Ive had back problems for 5 yrs. Doctors say i had a slipped disc from mri but not bad enough to do surgery. But im tired of always being in pain. Have seen 12 doctors total plus specialized doctor and pain management dr. All they ever want to do is give me pain pills and im tired of taking them because there not working, ever and its killing my liver im sure. What can this be? They said even maybe nerve damage, but no one knows. How can all these dr. not know how to deal with this? Now im getting sharp pain in my left foot every couple of minutes and it last for a day, no stop. This is crazy that i cant find anyone to help me.
If your injury is limited to only 1 or 2 bad discs then surgery may be an option if nothing else has worked.  Sometimes the surgeons are reluctant to operate if there are other medical or psychological issues that could interfere with a successful outcome.  Not possible to tell over the internet if you are a candidate or not but consider looking for a spine center to get an opinion.  That may involve some travel.   Good luck