Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Congenital Scoliosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Congenital Scoliosis

My son was born 6 weeks premature and had bruising on his chest after delivery.  The NICU Drs did a chest xray and since he was so tiny the xray showed his spine as well.  The xray indicated a 45 degree curve at the bottom of his spine L4 or L5.  At 5 mos old he was taken to a specialst and xrayed again.  This time the curve was only 25%.  When is the curve considered a major concern and require surgery.  He has had other tests that ruled out any other congenital problems and his spinal cord is not fused.
I feel lucky that this is the only obsticle my litle guy has to over come, I know other premiees aren't as lucky.