Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
EDS/CFS sufferer with neurological mysteries!

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Just joined this forum in the hope of drawing on your expertise!  I am an Ehlers Danlos and CFS sufferer, and am suffering some troubling symptoms at the moment - all very baffling.

My left leg and foot are constantly in very small spasm (hardly noticeable, but my toes move if you look carefully).  At night (and sometimes during the day) I now get a sudden onset of the most painful cramps imaginable, which contort my lower leg and foot, and my toes appear like claws (big toe sometimes rises up).  In addition, I am getting sudden 'funny turns' where I 'lose it' for a second and feel like I am passing out.  I don't - I have never lost consciousness completely, and this is only momentary but very definite and very weird.  I do not make involuntary movements, I just feel strange and if standing, start to fall over.  I sometimes have tinnitus in my left ear, and get occasional migraines with aura (flashing lights and partial vision loss).  Postural Tachycardia means that I prefer to lie down, as blood pressure is low when I stand (but doctor is not sure this explains the falling over spells, as they come on too quickly with no warning and are very sudden).
The other day I had a frightening period of weakness in my left leg - stood up, it contorted/cramped and then I had difficulty walking the 10 minutes I needed to.  It felt generally weak for that afternoon.

Any ideas?  Thoughts very much appreciated, thank you!  Jaws.
Sorry, your symptoms are outside of my area of expertise.  Consider the Neurology area.