Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Herniated disc in neck...Question?

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Herniated disc in neck...Question?
Hi I had an MRI done of my neck because a physical therapist noticed he felt something.  I am also in pain with my neck a lot!  It is so tight and triggers my migraines which is what I believe.  The MRI showed I have a mild herniated disc in c6-c7 what part of the neck is this?  What should I do try physical therapy?
C67 is one of the most common levels to injure.  It is in the lower part of the neck.  Try Physical therapy and consider an epidural as first line treatments.
Thanks so much now what exactly is the epidural?  A needle?  I'm not quite sure how this happened to my neck.  Is it something you are born with or have I injured it somehow?