Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Lumber Disc L 3-4-5 S1

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Lumber Disc L 3-4-5 S1
I had a discogram on the 18th  of sept  , showing that my Lumbers disc L3-4-5- S1 are bad and thats whats causing all my pain. I don't know  if I want to get the surgery and be worse than I am right now, the pain is bad 24 /7/365 but at least i can manage things now with meds and chiro . I'm scared if I get the surgery that I'm going to be worse than I am now, I'm just trying to get some thoughts before i make up my mind what to do. I have tried everything that I can as of now.
Surgery for back pain at 3 lumbar discs can be a very controversial decision as you would need a fusion at those 3 discs.  That is a relatively large surgery for someone who still makes do with some meds and chiro.  Sometimes spinal injections like epidurals or facet injections can help reduce (not eliminate) your pain.
A related discussion, Back surgery on L1 thro to L5-S1 was started.
A related discussion, Lower back pain with burning and stinging was started.