Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Lumber Disc L 3-4-5 S1
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lumber Disc L 3-4-5 S1

I had a discogram on the 18th  of sept  , showing that my Lumbers disc L3-4-5- S1 are bad and thats whats causing all my pain. I don't know  if I want to get the surgery and be worse than I am right now, the pain is bad 24 /7/365 but at least i can manage things now with meds and chiro . I'm scared if I get the surgery that I'm going to be worse than I am now, I'm just trying to get some thoughts before i make up my mind what to do. I have tried everything that I can as of now.
Related Discussions
576452 tn?1219696690
Surgery for back pain at 3 lumbar discs can be a very controversial decision as you would need a fusion at those 3 discs.  That is a relatively large surgery for someone who still makes do with some meds and chiro.  Sometimes spinal injections like epidurals or facet injections can help reduce (not eliminate) your pain.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Back surgery on L1 thro to L5-S1 was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Lower back pain with burning and stinging was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703