Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Neuroforamina narrowing
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Neuroforamina narrowing

I was diagnosed as having Neuroforamina narrowing , 2 bulging disk and arthritis in my neck, after 3 weeks of severe pain.  I am not familiar with the Neuroforamina narrowing at all and now I have several questions but I don't see the doctor again for four weeks.
1.Is this a rare condition? I understood the doctor to say it was but my husband thinks I misunderstood her.
2.Is this hereditary?
3.Is this something that can be operated on to correct?
4.What are the options for treatment?
5. I understood the doctor to say one of the problems with this is paralysis, what percentage of people that have this have some type of paralysis?
6. What causes this?
7. Does the Neuroforamina narrowing cause pain or is all the pain from the disc and arthritis?