Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Question about back pain etc.

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Question about back pain etc.

My husband has had sciatica problems for quite a few years now.  He has had the epidurals, physical therapy, decompression, a laminectomy and finally the implant.  He still suffers with tingling down his leg and on some occasions searing pain down the same leg.  What is the next recourse?
Dear Friend,
Well the treatment says -

1) DO MRI (if the implant is titanium) or do a 64 slice MDCT scan to know the present status.
2)  In case of disc remaining inside the bones, need to take them out.
3) In case of implant loosening, will need to re-consider.
4) In case of some infection, will again have to discuss.

These are the broad options available.

Please discuss,
Regards.
       I have had two surgeries and they tell me the next step is the rods and srews.The doctors tell me that I don't want that so I just keep on going the way I am on pain meds for the pain in the lower leg.The places I have the most pain is in the toe(big) and two inches above my ankle,This is all on my right leg.I always tell people its like having a work boot on the right leg.My meds are oxy's.Started in 2006 two 20's aday,now I'm up to 2,40's and one 20 at night.I don't walk around stone either.The only problem is my body gets use to the pills and I have to raise it up by 20mg. That is once a year but I am going to try and stay on what I get now.I to had Laminectomy,epidurals phyo.It was on my L4 +L5 and also L5+S1.I can do alot of thing but I am on the pills.I don't want the Rods and srews   Best of luck please keep us inform P.S. Idon't have any pain in the upper leg at all But only in the foot and above th ankle          Sickofit 586