Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Taking levaquin with my iliotbial with a total knee

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

I recently was placed on Levaquin and the back of my right upper leg due to a bad tear above the lower foot that is slow healing. I have total knee replcements on both legs. The left knee is now starting to feel an aching feeling. I had been om Cefadroxil but the doctor replaced it with the Levaquin. I have to change the dressing 3 times a day with and apply Mupirocin- 2%. I am concerned that if the infection isn't healed, I may have to have the total knee replaced again. My left leg knee has been replaced twice and now I am concerned that my right knee replacement will also have to be replaced again. My Doctor at Urgent Care is not available for 6 days. Please reply asap and thank you.
Jim
Dear Jimmy,
How are you doing now?
In india, we don't do a knee replacement, if there are any signs of infection present.
Moreover, if the knee has earlier been replaced, then the implants needs to be removed, followed by eradication of infection, and then only the joint can be re-replaced.
Please discuss about your present situation and also let me know about your blood reports.
Regards