Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
Trying to understand
About This Forum:

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Trying to understand

I really don't understand my MRI Report and I would appreciate if someone could explain this to me and what the options of treatment would be.

At 3-4 there is a desiccation of the disc with mild diffuse bulge of the disc. There is narrowing of the canal to approximately 9mm and there is spurring of the facets and end plates. There is mild narrowing of the neural foramina.

At L5-S1 there is a diffuse bulge of the disc. There is spurring of the end plates and facets. The disc bulge is most severe central with the AP diameter of the canal of only 7mm. There is marked ligamentum hypertrophy of the facets causing posterior lateral narrowing of the canal and there is only mild narrowing of the neural foramina. There is moderate to severe narrowing however of the lateral recess which may be impinging the L5 nerve roots.

At L5-S1 there is a focal area of increased signal within the left posterior portion of the disc compatible with a fissure of the anulus. There is also a left foramina spur and bulge of the disc with moderate narrowing of the left foramina. The right neural foramina are intact.