Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
is itnormal

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

is itnormal

i had lumbar fusion in 2006 l-3 all the way to s-1, the chronic pain never diminished it actually has gotten worse. what started as numbness in my toe and side of foot has retreated all the way up to my top of my calf while my left buttock , hip and outer thigh are now also experiencing pain. not only do i have the back pain but now i have more nerve pain. my family dr says my emg is indicative of another bulge around l5/s1 if the lumbar fusion was done correctly and all was removed how can i ahave another bulge? what can me done as my normal medicine is having no effect they even tried me on avinza for three months to no avail. please help send me a suggestion, did i have a bad doc? is it possible that the fusion slipped and fused wrong? it's getting nearly impossible to take care of my children as i fall, trip and basically have no feeling at all in my foot and calf. emg reflected a baseline of 12 and damaged readings upwards between 50-60 whic hi was told is pretty severe. i can not afford a lot more test i had an mri in april which was inconclusive as the rods made a haze. please help find relief to take care of my kids and sleep a little too. thanks
The amount of information you are trying to process with this situation is large.  The best advice I can give you is consider going to a spine center in your area where the doctors have experience evaluationg and treating failed fusions.  It is impossible to figure this out on the internet.
thank you for your time.