Back, Spine & Neck Surgery Expert Forum
moderate spinal pain

Questions in the Back and Spine Surgery forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

moderate spinal pain
I have been having over the last 3 months stiffness in my neck and moderate to severe pain in the spine area between my shoulders. Dr. said probably cervical strain sent to pt after several visits condition seems to have become worse. What do I need to do now the pt visits are putting me to bed for several hours with more pain?
If the PT is not helping (or aggravating) then I advise my patients to stop.  If you have symptoms for over 3 months I would suggest xrays and an MRI.  Sometimes epidurals or facet injections can help but you need the MRI and xrays for the target.  
Thanks for your reply. I finally got an mri scheduled for tomorrow.   Thanks again