Carbonated Drinks/Nutrition
Is it true that you can't have carbonated drinks after the lapband sugergy?  Not at all?

Also a cousin of mine had the surgery and she eats all kinds of things.  I wasn't around her right after the surgery but have seen her off and on since then and she eats all kinds of things ( burgers, chips, cake) and drinks soda.

Are you allowed to eat all those things?
Some doctors don't want you to drink carbonated drinks. They say it stretches the pouch. I drink them occassionally but not in public because it is an instant, noisy belch.

Got my band in November 2006. Have lost 140 lbs so far and I still eat everything I used to eat only a lot less of it. Always start my meal with protein but occassionally will have
some of a burger with fries. Usually cann't eat much of the bun as doughy bread plugs my band. Your cousin probably needs a fill if she is eating the entire burger plus the bun.

I do not deprive myself as I do not want to create a situation that might cause me to bienge. If I eat my dinner correctly, I'm too full for much else. Occassionally we will have a dessert but for me it is just a 'taste', not a full piece of anything (1/4C ice cream or a sliver of pie).

Your cousin has to remember ...The band is only a tool, it is not a cure.