Could a gastric sleeve op cause mass in stomach?
My husband had severe pain around his kidney area 7 months ago, and blood in his urine. He had blood tests, an xray and a scan and was told there was no infection or any abnormalities found. He was diagnosed antibiotics and eventually the paid died down. He then had a gastric sleeve operation in Nov 2012. Recently he has been experiencing the same pain again and blood in his urine. To the extent that he was admitted to hospital on Monday. Today he had a CT scan and was told they had found a small kidney stone and a gallstone, but they do not think these are causing the pain. They also found a mass on his stomach, but do not have the expertise to know if this is connected to his gastric surgery and need to refer to an expert as to what his stomach should look like post-op.
I am now besides myself with worry. Surely the symptoms all point to the stones being the problem? And if there was a problem with his stomach would this have not been picked up when he had the surgery 2 months ago?
Can you help please?