For me, the lapband has been nothing but surgical bulimia!
I am not saying that it doesn't help people lose weight, but for me it has been four years of vomiting, embarrassment, and pain. I can't even eat one small bite of banana with out feeling like my airsupply is being choked and then getting sick. I want it removed. I only have one fill in band. I recently moved and have been having I difficult time getting in too see a surgeon. Has anyone ever had the band removed? If so what was your reasoning? Thank you ( I am not trying to discourage anyone just sharing a bit of the trouble it has been for me. I have kept fifty pounds off )
I had a lap band for for almost 4 years before having it removed in September.  I was good for about 2 years and then I had problems and not much restriction in my band.  My surgeon and I finally decided it was best to remove it.  I was only the 4th band he has removed.  It was a difficult decision but I was SO tired of eating 2 bites of a meal and getting sick.  And feeling bad for days.  If I never throw up again it still have been too much for one person in any lifetime.