Aa
A
A
Close
For me, the lapband has been nothing but surgical bulimia!
I am not saying that it doesn't help people lose weight, but for me it has been four years of vomiting, embarrassment, and pain. I can't even eat one small bite of banana with out feeling like my airsupply is being choked and then getting sick. I want it removed. I only have one fill in band. I recently moved and have been having I difficult time getting in too see a surgeon. Has anyone ever had the band removed? If so what was your reasoning? Thank you ( I am not trying to discourage anyone just sharing a bit of the trouble it has been for me. I have kept fifty pounds off )
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had a lap band for for almost 4 years before having it removed in September.  I was good for about 2 years and then I had problems and not much restriction in my band.  My surgeon and I finally decided it was best to remove it.  I was only the 4th band he has removed.  It was a difficult decision but I was SO tired of eating 2 bites of a meal and getting sick.  And feeling bad for days.  If I never throw up again it still have been too much for one person in any lifetime.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources