Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
How do you know which surgery is for you?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How do you know which surgery is for you?

Hi, I am scheduled to have gastric bypass surgery.  I cannot afford lap band.  But I just researched different surgeries and there is the gbs, the sleeve, and the DS.  Now, which one do you pick?  

Did anyone research which surgery is for them?  If so, can you give me some advice on which one to choose.  thanks Maggie
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
99457_tn?1321882277
Hi Maggie,

I had the lapband done in 2006 and was quite successful for the first year, i had it removed in september due to complications. The problem i found with the band was if you wanted to cheat the band, it was easy. I am having gastric Sleeving done on the 10th of January, which i think is a better option for me. There is no way to cheat as you can only eat up to 300grams of food. I am working on the if i am taking such a drastic measure i want to make everything i eat count. It is a very hard decision deciding on which way you want to go, talk to the surgeon and they will help you decide which one is suited to you and your situation.

Good Luck, Pm me if you want to talk!

Therese
Blank
Did you have the gastric sleeve done?  And if so, what has your experience been like.  I am almost to the point of commiting to a surgery date but I wanted to find out what other's experiences were like.

Thank you,
Deanna
Blank
I'm also thinking about having this kind of surgery, but I'm not sure whether it's safe. I have looked through many reviews (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/plastic-surgery.html), and not all of them are positive. Maybe, plastic surgery is not worthy all the pain it brings?  What do you think?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...