How do you know which surgery is for you?
Hi, I am scheduled to have gastric bypass surgery.  I cannot afford lap band.  But I just researched different surgeries and there is the gbs, the sleeve, and the DS.  Now, which one do you pick?  

Did anyone research which surgery is for them?  If so, can you give me some advice on which one to choose.  thanks Maggie
Hi Maggie,

I had the lapband done in 2006 and was quite successful for the first year, i had it removed in september due to complications. The problem i found with the band was if you wanted to cheat the band, it was easy. I am having gastric Sleeving done on the 10th of January, which i think is a better option for me. There is no way to cheat as you can only eat up to 300grams of food. I am working on the if i am taking such a drastic measure i want to make everything i eat count. It is a very hard decision deciding on which way you want to go, talk to the surgeon and they will help you decide which one is suited to you and your situation.

Good Luck, Pm me if you want to talk!

Therese
Did you have the gastric sleeve done?  And if so, what has your experience been like.  I am almost to the point of commiting to a surgery date but I wanted to find out what other's experiences were like.

Thank you,
Deanna
I'm also thinking about having this kind of surgery, but I'm not sure whether it's safe. I have looked through many reviews (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/plastic-surgery.html), and not all of them are positive. Maybe, plastic surgery is not worthy all the pain it brings?  What do you think?