I NEED HELP!!
I AM A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE FROM ORLANDO FL.I HAVE STRUGGLED  WITH MY WEIGHT ALL MY LIFE AND I NEED HELP.I JUST WANT TO LIVE LIFE AS A NORMAL 21 YEAR OLD..NOT AN OUTCAST BECAUSE OF MY WEIGHT I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.WHEN I WAS 16 MY DOCTOR SIGNED ME UP FOR GASTRIC BYPASS ND OF COURSE ME WANTING TO LOSE WEIGHT AND BE HAPPY I GOT MY HOPES UP...SO I WENT TO THE WEIGHT DOCTOR HAD ALL MY TESTS DONE AND THE LAST STEP WAS THE ORIENTATION..WELL TO MY SUPRISE 2 WEEKS AFTER I GOT A LETTER FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY THAT THEY DENIED TO HELP BECAUSE THEY DON'T SUPPORT OBESITY WOW? SO IT REALLY CRUSHED MY HOPES WELL THAN MY DOCTOR TOLD US ABOUT THE LAP BAND MUCH SAFER AND CHEAPER ..OF COURSE I GOT EXCITED AND IT STILL HASN'T AHPPEN FOR ME..I NEED HELP AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO TURN...I NO LONGER HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND MY FAMILY WANTS TO HELP BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY...PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME ...
I too have struggled with my weight all my life. Losing weight is actually quite easy when you have sufficient motivation. I lost 56lb in 5 months recently. It was because I thought I had a heart problem and was scared of death. I lost the weight and also stopped smoking at the same time, easy when the alternative could have been death. The fact is though that most people don't judge based on appearance, those people that do make such judgements are best ignored.

Be happy :-)
Don't get Lapband...its a horrible method its a bandaid and thats all it is...  these people feed off of all of us deperate people who do not understand anything about it... I could go on and on about what it has done to me...  I have turn to the gym after my many attempts and failures... I have a proper nutrition program , a realistic one that is !  I hired a trainer (put me in the red for the next 6 months, but its an investment in ME) and also am taking ZERONA... worth every dime so far !
well i dont if  it helps  i  had weightloss surgery  in july  of 2010   i ended up  having  gastric bypass surgery  and i tell u it is  hard but  it was worth  it I was 404lb at the time of  surgery  and now i am  240  so  i would  suggest it to people  but with lapband i  know u  ahve to really work at  and eat the right things and  workout even  with bypass i have to to do that
I had a newer procedure called Gastric Sleeve. It has been two weeks and I have lost 28 pounds so far. I can't stand the shakes so I am doing what my stomach will tolerate. I take in about 1000 calories pr day but it isn't easy. When I eat too much too fast I throw up .  Any other sleeve experiences?