Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
If I can't have any restriction is there a reason not to remove?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Hello all.  I have had my lapband for approximately 5 years.  I am down 65 pounds from my pre-band weight.  Three years ago it slipped and had to have surgery to repair.  Now, can't eat or sleep (due to chronic coughing and acid reflux).  I had an upper GI today to see if the band slipped again, but it doesn't appear that it has.  The doctor has taken the last bit of fill out.  I can now eat and not coughing, but the question remains, if I can never had any fill because of the side affects, is there a reason to have it in my body at all.  I am scared of re-gaining weight, but I did this to get healthy, and my current lifestyle is not healthy at all.

I would appreciate your insights.

Thank you,
Tammy
Tags: removal
Tammy how are you now has your lifestyle changed to support your recovery?  Fill us in when you can.