Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Expert Forum
Lap Band vs Gastric Bypass in Mexico

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon, Complications, Considerations, Cosmetic Surgery, Diet and Eating, Emotional Issues, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Health Insurance Issues, Lap Band Surgery, Nutritional Issues, Pre Surgery Issues, Post Surgery Issues, Questions to Ask Your Surgeon, Roux Y Gastric Bypass, StomaphyX, Success Stories, and Transoral ROSE.

Lap Band vs Gastric Bypass in Mexico
I am considering having bariatric surgery in Mexico.  My husband is having it in the US, I don't qualify for it here under our insurance so am researching self-pay medical tourism.  I was leaning toward lap-band, but there are so many post-surgery horror stories for fills, adjustments, slippage, etc.  and I became concerned about post-surgery complications once I return to the states.  So am now considering having a mini-gastric gypass instead, even though the surgery is more invasive it seems to have less risk of complication after returning state side.  Has anyone else looked into this and have any advice??
would not recommend this type of surgery
looks good but high risk of complications and need for reoperation
not a recognized form of weight loss surgery by most reliable or reputable bariatric surgeons
Thank you for your response - by 'this type', did you mean Lap Band, MGB or both?? Which weight loss surgery would you recommend?