Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Expert Forum
Making my final decision
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon, Complications, Considerations, Cosmetic Surgery, Diet and Eating, Emotional Issues, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Health Insurance Issues, Lap Band Surgery, Nutritional Issues, Pre Surgery Issues, Post Surgery Issues, Questions to Ask Your Surgeon, Roux Y Gastric Bypass, StomaphyX, Success Stories, and Transoral ROSE.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Making my final decision

I originally wanted to get the sleeve gastrectomy but was told my insurance wouldn't cover because it is still considered "experimental" so the next options were the Gastric Bypass or the Lap Band.  I want the one that will give me the biggest results as far as weightloss.  I am a 37 year old female, native american, type 2 diabetic, 5'2  280 lbs.  I have had a full hysterectomy so I am taking estradiol because I am in surgical menopause.

Which of the two surgeries I listed would be the best for me?  Where can I get some really good information on the negative and positive of these two surgeries?

Thank you!