Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
PCOS and Gastric Banding
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS and Gastric Banding

I was wondering if anyone out there has PCOS and has gone through the gastric banding. My doctor has mentioned it and I was wondering if it helped them lose weight. I have been doing weight watchers for a while now and everytime I lose a few pounds they come right back. Thanks in advance.
Tags: PCOS, gastric
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I didn't have banding bc it doesn't have a very high success rate, but I did laproscopic gastric rny and my pcos resolved and we are pregnant with our first! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Blank
I have pros and I have been stuck at 172-176 for like 3-6 months now and i workout and i want to fight lol its horrible and I take birth control like my doctor said she told me take orthotricyclin which she said wouldn't make me gain weight and would balance the hormones. I also have hypothyroidism which wil make you gain weight as well and I take medication every day which is supposed to aid in weight loss and it doesn't I also take Qsymia which is supposed to aid in weight loss the endocrinologist prescribed it. It is doctor approved weight loss pill. I was told " you will lose weight and it will be amazing you watch in 3 months 15 lbs" well well nothing lol so there ya go sorry I went off on a tangent but I'm just saying
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...