Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
PCOS and Gastric Banding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

PCOS and Gastric Banding

I was wondering if anyone out there has PCOS and has gone through the gastric banding. My doctor has mentioned it and I was wondering if it helped them lose weight. I have been doing weight watchers for a while now and everytime I lose a few pounds they come right back. Thanks in advance.
Tags: PCOS, gastric
I didn't have banding bc it doesn't have a very high success rate, but I did laproscopic gastric rny and my pcos resolved and we are pregnant with our first! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
I have pros and I have been stuck at 172-176 for like 3-6 months now and i workout and i want to fight lol its horrible and I take birth control like my doctor said she told me take orthotricyclin which she said wouldn't make me gain weight and would balance the hormones. I also have hypothyroidism which wil make you gain weight as well and I take medication every day which is supposed to aid in weight loss and it doesn't I also take Qsymia which is supposed to aid in weight loss the endocrinologist prescribed it. It is doctor approved weight loss pill. I was told " you will lose weight and it will be amazing you watch in 3 months 15 lbs" well well nothing lol so there ya go sorry I went off on a tangent but I'm just saying