Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
Severe STOMACH PAIN AFTER G-Bypasa

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Severe STOMACH PAIN AFTER G-Bypasa

This is to help chronic stomach pain sufferers
I had Gastric bypass rRNY IN SEPT 1997, I have experienced on an off stabbing stomach pains ever since. The one thing that does work is 1 TBSP RAW APPLECIDER vinegar( must be raw and not processed) with about 4 oz of water drink and it  quickly and it goes away instantly. Sometimes u have to repeat it several times a day but it has kept me able to work and live after surgery, I keep a mixture in a water bottle with me at all times. Hope this helps someone

Does this really help? I had the gastric bypass surgery on 11/11. I'm seeing great losing the weight, but the stomach cramps n dumping syndrome is a ***** for me. I had hoped being a year in that it would've died down n changed for me, but it hasn't. I don't vomit anymore only in very rare occasions, but the nausea and stomach cramping takes over n occurs outta nowhere sometimes that it makes me so tired that I have to laydown. It literally makes me exhausted! I am willing to try this remedy of yours, but I need to know that it works.
Are you 'watching' what you're eating? Dumping is caused by the overconsumption of sugary or fatty foods and unfermented dairy products (milk or ice cream, instead of yoghurt or cheese). If you are monitoring your intake (3 meals a day, 3 snacks) and WHAT it is you are eating,  you might be able to pinpoint the cause - sugar, fat or dairy.

Gastric bypass surgery changes the way you digest, things you used to eat can give you problems. You're saying 'nausea and cramping', so I'm thinking it's dumping syndrome. Journal your food intake and try to determine what it is. Milk and ice cream make me terribly ill with gassy cramping, burping and nausea. It's not immediate, but it follows my having eaten ice cream. It shouldn't be such a mystery. Make an appointment with your surgeons nutritionist and bring your food intake list for a week.
Well I am watching what I eat. I do "cheat" occasionally with foods with higher sugar content than what I can or should ingest. The dumping syndrome does attack me sometimes instantly or after the fact, but I notice that it occurs pretty often regardless of what I eat. I dont overindulgence. I know my limit. I have already seen my doctors and reviewed this issue with them, and according to them its all normal, but it can potentially be a colon issue since I also have a long term problem with constipation. They are trying medication right now n if that doesn't help within the next month they said we would move forward with seeing a gastroenterologist. May have to get a colonoscopy. So that's my update for now.