Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Expert Forum
Stand still with weight loss

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon, Complications, Considerations, Cosmetic Surgery, Diet and Eating, Emotional Issues, Gastric Bypass Surgery, Health Insurance Issues, Lap Band Surgery, Nutritional Issues, Pre Surgery Issues, Post Surgery Issues, Questions to Ask Your Surgeon, Roux Y Gastric Bypass, StomaphyX, Success Stories, and Transoral ROSE.

Stand still with weight loss
I had the Lap Band surgery in 2003. Lost the total of 90 lbs. Then in 2007 I became pregnant and regained all of my weight back during my pregnancy. After having my son I was diagnosed with pcos. Since having my son I have lost a total of 70 lbs and now can not lose anymore weight no matter how little I eat. I feel like I absolutely do not need another adjustment. I have been at this stand still for 6 months now. I am wondering can my pcos have anything to do with my weight loss difficulties. I am proud of the 70 lbs I have lost yet I still need to lose about 50 more lbs. Thank You so much.
pcos may cause weight regain
try meridia or phentermine if you think you are eating the right sort of diet and yet need to curb your appetite
good luck
I ran into the same problem - hit the plateau and wandered all over it for about 2 months.  I contacted my surgeon and he prescribed Phentermine and it has done the trick.  I lost 8 pounds in the first 6 days taking it.  If you have high blood pressure, any history of addiction, etc. your doctor may not rescribe it - and some doctors will not prescribe it at all.  Good luck!
A related discussion, I had the same thing happen was started.