Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
Thinking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

Thinking

Currently I am 370lbs and have a list of medical problems most skeletal bone fusion and bone spurs in the neck, and now high blood pressure. I use to be in the army physical fit and then an injury now ten years later I can't run or walk do sit up and weight seems to pour on. At what point did you realize I need help? And was the surgery worth it?
I realized I needed help when I was 17 years old taking beta blockers and medication for diabetes. I was 300 pounds at my heaviest and worried that I would never be able to have children, or if I did have children I would die before getting a chance to raise them.

I am just over 4 years post op and it was the best decision I've ever made. My weight has finally stabilized around 190 and I couldn't be happier. In fact last week I did my first 5 K! I never thought I'd be able to do something like that. Now I'm training for my first half marathon this November!

The best advice I could give you is to talk to a doctor and see what your options are. Good luck in whatever path you choose.