Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
getting ready for lapband

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

getting ready for lapband

i am in the final stages before getting the lapband done and was wondering , i know when i lose thw weight there will be excess skin, what is the best way not to have excess skin. its hard for mr to really excercise since i have fibromyalgia and i can barely walk a block or walk around my house without being in extreme pain. any suggestions?
thanks
My best friend had the surgery done almost 1 year ago. She has lost alot of weight but it came off very slowly. It has also been very difficult for her to eat most foods. After 2 bites she is full, The dr told her that if she did not get alot of excersicse with the surgery she would have excess skin. I hope everything works out for you. She does not regret having it done but in her words it has been hell.
Hi,  Is your lapband done?   Would you be kind enough to post some info regarding your experience?  My daughter is nearly 30 yrs old and thinking of having a lapband done.
Thanks.
Would you be kind enough to let me know regarding the success, if your friend feels she had
from the lap band?   My daughter who is 30, wants to have it done and I do worry since any
op can have some complications.   You mentioned feeling of fullness after eating but I thought
that's the way one supposed to feel, so that they can stop eating for the purpose of losing weight!   Did she have any bad post op complications?   Does she feel that the op helped her?
Thanks.
I had a lap band and lost all of the wieght I wanted then the band slipped. I got a new band but gained weight back don't know why because I don't eat much at all. I also can feel port under skin it's uncomfortable. I don't know what to do now have the band removed and have gastric surtgery or another band placed.  My doctors all tell me I need to lose weith but I can't even lose 1 pound.  any advice would be helpful thanks
I weighed over 300 pds before lap band, but I walked before the surgery even though I could only walk a little ways. I also have fibromyalgia, nerve pain, degenerate disc and joint problems. Two and half months later I had the surgery, a couple of weeks later I was walking half mile and lost five inches around my waist. Nine months later I have lost 100 pounds and down about 4 dress sizes. I weigh 206 and I plan on loosing another 70. BUT if I had it to do all over again...I WOULD NOT have had the surgery. I stay sick, can't eat much of anything, and getting unhealthy.
You have to take vitamins, calcium, and drink benefiber to keep regular everyday. Unless you have great insurance, which I don't (medicare) there is no surgery to take off all the loose skin. Make sure this is what you want by research, I didn't and now I'm paying the price. Hope this helps