Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
lap band and sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

lap band and sex

Hi everyone, I just had my lap band surgery in January 14th, 2010, so, it's been a little over a month. I am still experiencing some discomfort on my port site, especially when having sex. I cannot bend or positioned my body in certain ways, Is this normal? I also feel the port moving around in there and worry about slippage. I am also having pain on my left side every once in a while. I really want feel kinda "normal" and still have not. How long is it until you feel totally healed? Thanks a bunch!!
Hi...for me the port took the longest to heal. I had my surgery in Aug 09. The dr explained it is attatched to a muscle so you will feel pulling  when you move certain ways. Not sure about it feeling like its moving though. Maybe best to mention this to your dr at your check up so he can set you mind at ease. It does get better though. Best of luck to you.
Thank you sobermommy
You are very welcome. Hope everything goes good for you.