Bariatric / Weight Loss Surgery Community
lapband after gastric

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bariatric surgery for weight loss (including gastric bypass surgery, lap band surgery, etc) complications, finding a surgeon, whether it is right for you, nutrition, recovery, risk, and pre- and post-op issues.

lapband after gastric

I had gastric bypass done 10 years ago and in the last 3 have been gaining the weight back.  I am wondering if I can have the lapband done to make the tummy pouch smaller again?
I am in the same situation, only I had mine 6 years ago and it's like I've never had the surgery and was wondering if I would qualify for the lapband surgery.  Did you get a response to your question?
You'd have to talk to a doctor about that (revisions). Generally, if you've had the Roux en Y procedure, they'll do revisions to it if needed (which is fairly common for those who had their surgeries a long time ago) but it's probably unlikely that they'd give you a lap band. You'd need to talk to your doctor.
I asked about it a year ago. They said that since I had the gastric, they will only do it that way, but they couldn't guarantee a large weight loss. I would still talk to your dr and see what they say. All drs are different.

Barb
when would you do a gastic bypass revision? poor weight loss, regaining weight?