lapband after gastric
I had gastric bypass done 10 years ago and in the last 3 have been gaining the weight back.  I am wondering if I can have the lapband done to make the tummy pouch smaller again?
I am in the same situation, only I had mine 6 years ago and it's like I've never had the surgery and was wondering if I would qualify for the lapband surgery.  Did you get a response to your question?
You'd have to talk to a doctor about that (revisions). Generally, if you've had the Roux en Y procedure, they'll do revisions to it if needed (which is fairly common for those who had their surgeries a long time ago) but it's probably unlikely that they'd give you a lap band. You'd need to talk to your doctor.
I asked about it a year ago. They said that since I had the gastric, they will only do it that way, but they couldn't guarantee a large weight loss. I would still talk to your dr and see what they say. All drs are different.

Barb
when would you do a gastic bypass revision? poor weight loss, regaining weight?